Saturday, August 28, 2010

Water!

Water! So amazing. So peaceful. So serene. So soothing and so vital for beings to survive. At the same time water can also be described as fast, strong, gushing, roaring and scary. It depends on the way an individual sees water. I have always been mesmerized by water and it has always attracted me towards it. Water has such breathtaking colours - light blue, green, turquoise, white, dark blue, bluish green, etc. Every time I am near water, I feel calm, relaxed and connected to it. In astrology, Cancer is a cardinal water sign and since I am a Cancerian; water affects me deeply.

As per my perception, water has its own mind. It is independent and has its own sense of direction. If you try to catch it in your hand it will slip away very easily. Once it makes up its mind it will continue to move towards its destination with utmost determination. If it wants you to hear what it is saying, it will come crashing towards you by the rocks or on the beach. It will try and grab your attention by making splashing noises and drenching you in itself. If it does not want to do anything, it will be as still as anything like a peaceful lake.

The above description of water is actually a description of me. As an individual, I have my own mind. If someone tries to influence me to be in one place when I do not want to, I feel, I will slip away easily. Once I make up my mind about something, I will go towards that goal or dream with my full concentration and determination no matter how many obstacles come my way. If I want to get my point across, I will do my very best and make sure that my point is heard. Lastly, when I want to withdraw in my shell, no one can get me out of it until I want to come out of it.

If I am given a choice to do an activity in nature, I usually tend to pick some activity that is close to or surrounded by water. I will sit near the rocks or the beach and look at water miles and miles away. Just by looking at water and listening to its waves I get a peaceful feeling.

I love rain! Tiny raindrops falling on my face, taking a walk in the rain or feeling the mist at Niagara Falls makes me so happy. Going for a scenic drive in the rain while drinking Cappuccino and listening to Bollywood music is another one of my favourite activities.

Sometimes I crave spending time near water or in water. Going for a hiking trail near a stream or river, taking a cottage trip, spending the day at the beach, or listening to the waves crashing at the rocks are all Aha! moments that I have experienced.

Water can be so rejuvenating. Taking a cold shower and feeling the water washing away all the negativity and stress from your mind and body is an incredible feeling in itself.

Therefore, I have named myself as Water in my profile and Water is one of the colours that Life has to offer to us human beings and so the name Lifezcolours.

No comments:

Post a Comment